Piano-Yoga® Club: Playing the music of J.S. Bach
Time & Location
About the Event
We are delighted to continue running Piano-Yoga® Club Online! Described as ‘Something radical’ and ‘The first entirely new technique to emerge in the last 50 years’ by Yoga & Health Magazine, the Club will give an opportunity to learn in-depth about the Piano-Yoga® method and get advice directly from its creator, ‘an outstanding musician’ (The Times), concert pianist and composer, GéNIA. Taking place in a virtual environment, the Club will run every second Friday in June 2020, starting at 6.30 pm – 7.45pm, with further dates to announed later. We are inviting up to 15 members to join us at a time, as GéNIA would like to to be able to give proper attention to every single participant.
The activity of the Club will involve practical exercises for pianists and a short presentation from GéNIA (please see schedule below), followed by a Q & A session. Participants will be able to discover specific details about piano technique, learn strategies for efficient practice, get tips on dealing with stage fright and how to keep relaxed during their practice, amongst other things.
9 June 2020: Playing the music of J.S. Bach
26 June 2020: Plaing the music of Frederic Chopin
GéNIA will be sharing her views on some recommended techniques for performing works by these composers, as well as her personal approach to mastering their compositions.
Who can benefit?
Intermediate and advanced pianists, professional musicians and teachers.
Due to the online nature of the event here is what you need to do to participate:
1. Download the app ZOOM which works on iPhone, iPad and Desktop: https://zoom.us
2. The link to the Zoom event will be listed on your ticket (oon the top of the email).
3. Participants are welcome to ask as many questions as time allows.
4. If you are using the computer, you can put a pile of books on top your chair and put the chair next to the piano so the keyboard and yourself are visible within the camera view.
5. If you are using your phone, the best thing to get is a Selfie Stick
You need to know the model of your phone and easily find the right stick on Amazon.
- Piano-Yoga Club Ticket£10£100£0