Piano-Yoga® Club: Playing the music by Frederic Chopin
Time & Location
About the Event
We are delighted to continue running Piano-Yoga® Club Online! Described as ‘Something radical’ and ‘The first entirely new technique to emerge in the last 50 years’ by Yoga & Health Magazine, the Club will give an opportunity to learn in-depth about the Piano-Yoga® method and get advice directly from its creator, ‘an outstanding musician’ (The Times), concert pianist and composer, GéNIA.
In this session GéNIA will be sharing her tips and ideas on the technique appropriate for playing the compositions by Frederic Chopin, as well as share some of her own personal strategies for learning his pieces. If you share GéNIA's taste in Chopin or would like to know why, according to GéNIA, he is one of the most challenging composers to perform, find out more about his personal life as well as gain an overview of his piano compositions (which comprise the main body of his work), join her and the lovely group of like-minded people, which includes professional and amateur musicians.
We are inviting up to 15 members at a time for GéNIA to give her full attention to every participant.
Listen to GéNIA playing Chopin Nocturne in D Flat Major Op. 27 No 2 which is included in this week (Week 9) her Mindfulness Playlist.
Watch the video of GéNIA playing Chopin Nocturne in E minor Op.71 No. 1 at one of her rehearsals.
Who will best benefit from the Club?
Intermediate and advanced pianists, professional musicians and teachers.
Due to the online nature of the event here is what you need to do to participate:
1. Download the app ZOOM which works on iPhone, iPad and Desktop: https://zoom.us
2. The link to the Zoom event will be listed on your ticket (oon the top of the email).
3. Participants are welcome to ask as many questions as time allows.
4. If you are using the computer, you can put a pile of books on top your chair and put the chair next to the piano so the keyboard and yourself are visible within the camera view.
5. If you are using your phone, the best thing to get is a Selfie Stick
You need to know the model of your phone and easily find the right stick on Amazon.
- Piano-Yoga Club Ticket£10£100£0