Fri, 08 May|
Piano-Yoga® Club Online
Piano-Yoga® Club Online: Why piano exercises are so important and so good for you.
Whether you like piano exercises or not, it's a fact: they do work! Even 15 minutes per day of piano exercises can transform your technique no end! Whether you like piano exercises or not, it's the fact: they do work! Even 15 minutes per day of piano exercises can transform your technique.
Time & Location
08 May 2020, 18:30 – 19:45
Piano-Yoga® Club Online
About the Event
We are delighted to continue running Piano-Yoga® Club Online! Described as ‘Something radical’ and ‘The first entirely new technique to emerge in the last 50 years’ by Yoga & Health Magazine, the Club will give an opportunity to learn in-depth about the Piano-Yoga® method and get advice directly from its creator, ‘an outstanding musician’ (The Times), concert pianist and composer, GéNIA. Taking place in a virtual environment, the Club will run every second Friday in May 2020, starting at 6.30 pm – 7:45pm, with further dates to announed later. We are inviting up to 15 members to join us at a time, as GéNIA would like to give proper attention to every single participant.
The activity of the Club will involve practical exercises for pianists and a short presentation from GéNIA (please see schedule below), followed by a Q & A session. Participants will be able to discover specific details about piano technique, learn strategies for efficient practice, get tips on dealing with stage fright and how to keep relaxed during their practice, amongst other things.
8 May 2020: Why piano exercises are so important and so good for you
Whether you like piano exercises or not, it's a fact: they do work! Even 15 minutes per day of piano exercises can transform your technique no end!
In the forthcoming Piano-Yoga® Club Online we are gong to advise you which piano exercises are best for which occasions. We are inviting up to 15 members to join us at a time, as GéNIA would like to be able to give proper attention to every single participant. Hence we recommend that you book your place early in order to avoid disappointment!
Special Offer: The good news is that May's ticket offers you the opportunity to bring a friend absolutely free, as long as you let us in advance!
Who can benefit from the Club? Intermediate and advanced pianists, professional musicians and teachers.
THE LINK TO THE SESSION WILL BE ON YOUR TICKET CONFORMATION EMAIL.
It will look like this:
Piano-Yoga® Club Online: Why piano exercises are so important and so good for you. 8 May 2020, 18:30 – 19:45 Piano-Yoga® Club Online
Join Zoom Meeting ( you would need to click on this last line and it will take you straight to the meeting.
No password or Meeting ID required) GéNIA will be there from 18:15 to help you to set up in case you have any problems.
Due to the online nature of the event here is what you need to do to participate:
1. Download the app ZOOM which works on iPhone, iPad and Desktop: https://zoom.us
2. Make a free ZOOM account online. Before the event is due to start you will be sent a link to your email – you just have to copy that link when you login to you ZOOM account and I will be there waiting to greet you. It’s nice and simple.
3. Participants are welcome to ask as many questions as time allows, be prepared to take shoes off for a full Piano-Yoga® experience and are welcome to play either the whole or part of a composition on the day (maximum 5 minutes). Participants should state their wish to play at the beginning of the event and GéNIA will do her best to schedule you in, although do to the amound of requests which can be received, this may not always be possible.
4. If you are using the computer, you can put a pile of books on top your chair and put the chair next to the piano so the keyboard and yourself are visible within the camera view.
5. If you are using your phone, the best thing to get is a Selfie Stick
You need to know the model of your phone and easily find the right stick on Amazon.
Once we choose the pieces for you to work, we can arrange for me to have a copy of the score and I will use it for making during the lesson and take a picture after each session as JPEG and send it to you.
- Ticket type
Piano-Yoga Club Ticket
The ticket entitles you to invite one guest. Please email us the names of your guests by 18:15 on the day of the event in order for GéNIA to admit them to the club. If you have never used Zoom before please get there a few minutes before to set up.Price£10.00