Piano-Yoga® Club:How your attitude can dramatically influence your playing and win over your audience
Time & Location
About the Event
We are delighted to continue running Piano-Yoga® Club Online! Described as ‘Something radical’ and ‘The first entirely new technique to emerge in the last 50 years’ by Yoga & Health Magazine, the Club will give an opportunity to learn in-depth about the Piano-Yoga® method and get advice directly from its creator, ‘an outstanding musician’ (The Times), concert pianist and composer, GéNIA. Taking place in a virtual environment, the Club will run every second Friday in May 2020, starting at 6.30 pm – 7.45pm, with further dates to announed later. We are inviting up to 15 members to join us at a time, as GéNIA would like to give proper attention to every single participant.
The activity of the Club will involve practical exercises for pianists and a short presentation from GéNIA (please see schedule below), followed by a Q & A session. Participants will be able to discover specific details about piano technique, learn strategies for efficient practice, get tips on dealing with stage fright and how to keep relaxed during their practice, amongst other things.
8 May 2020: Why piano exercises are so important and so good for you.
22 May 2020: How your attitude can dramatically influence your playing and win over your audience
Who will best benefit from the Club?
Intermediate and advanced pianists, professional musicians and teachers.
Due to the online nature of the event here is what you need to do to participate:
1. Download the app ZOOM which works on iPhone, iPad and Desktop: https://zoom.us
2. Make a free ZOOM account online. Before the event is due to start you will be sent a link to your email – you just have to copy that link when you login to you ZOOM account and I will be there waiting to greet you. It’s nice and simple.
3. Participants are welcome to ask as many questions as time allows, be prepared to take shoes off for a full Piano-Yoga® experience and are welcome to play either the whole or part of a composition on the day (maximum 5 minutes). Participants should state their wish to play at the beginning of the event and GéNIA will do her best to schedule you in, although do to the amound of requests which can be received, this may not always be possible.
4. If you are using the computer, you can put a pile of books on top your chair and put the chair next to the piano so the keyboard and yourself are visible within the camera view.
5. If you are using your phone, the best thing to get is a Selfie Stick
You need to know the model of your phone and easily find the right stick on Amazon.
Once we choose the pieces for you to work, we can arrange for me to have a copy of the score and I will use it for making during the lesson and take a picture after each session as JPEG and send it to you.
- Piano-Yoga Club Ticket£10£100£0